Top 5 Tips for Ensuring Your Move Day is a Success
No matter how near or how far the distance may be, moving can be an overwhelming process for many—but it definitely doesn’t have to be!
When you do your best to plan and put your move in the hands of a trustworthy, dedicated Raleigh moving company, you can rest easy. All you need to do is have a practical plan in place.
If you want to make sure that your big day runs as smoothly and seamlessly as possible, take a look at our top five helpful moving tips for success.
- Be flexible
Being flexible applies to many aspects of your upcoming move.
- First, you’ll need to be flexible about your moving date and schedule—as much as possible. If you can, try to book your move as far in advance as you can to ensure your Raleigh movers are available when you need them.
- Booking a move at least a few months ahead of time is a smart rule of thumb to follow.
- Also consider being flexible with the time of year that you make a move. Summer months are usually the busiest, and most reputable companies will likely be booking up quickly during the summer season.
- Be open to moving during slower months for more moving perks—like increased moving company availability, less competition for housing, better rates and deals, and possibly even more pleasant weather conditions (depending upon your location).
- Be as prepared as possible
You can never begin preparing for a move too early. The more prepared you feel, the easier the process will run.
- Start cleaning out junk and clutter in order to pare down your belongings to the items you really need and want to take to your new location.
- Toss, donate, or sell what you no longer need to lighten the load for your upcoming relocation.
- This tip also saves you money—the less stuff you have to move, the less time your move will take, equaling savings on your moving process.
- Once you’ve cleared out and cleaned out any extra items, make sure to have all of the packing supplies you need on hand—or enlist the professional packing services offered by many moving and storage providers.
- Do your homework
Really research the company (or companies) you are interested in hiring for the job.
- Moving is no small task, and it should really be left to the pros. You need someone you can truly trust with such a major life event.
- Take recent reviews seriously, and reach out to the companies you’re considering for an overview of their services, as well as an estimate.
- Ask your friends, family, and acquaintances which company they may have used for past moves.
- Shop around
- In addition to customer reviews and experiences, check out the household movers Raleigh has to offer as far as awards and professional organization memberships are concerned.
- Memberships with industry-wide organizations, as well as awards bestowed by various agencies, show a company’s commitment to best practices and delivering high standards of service to their customers.
- Get an estimate for moving and storage services from several providers in order to compare.
- Set a budget
- If you’ve selected a Raleigh moving company for the job, give them all of the details of your move in order to receive a pretty solid estimate.
- Once you’ve gotten a quote for your upcoming moving services, you can determine and refine your overall moving budget as needed.
If you’re ready to book your upcoming residential or commercial move, Raleigh’s own E. E. Ward Moving & Storage Co. is here to help! Call or visit https://raleigh.eeward.com/ and get started on your free quote today.